Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feels Like The First Time

For much of my young life the music I listened to was my parents music. Meat Loaf and Queen were two early obsessions of mine. It wasn't until middle school that I really truly found a band that I could call my own and that band was Squirrel Nut Zippers.

While other kids were discovering punk, I was discovering dixieland. Man you should have seen me in middle school with creepers, khakis, a pocket watch with a chain and buttoned up paneled shirts. I even took swing dancing lessons with my aunt at the local community college.

Eventually I grew out of the style (much to the dismay of my intended) but the music never left. It's so fucking good! And the band still ranks in my top 5 where they stand out next to names like Radiohead and The Velvet Underground.

So it is with great pomp & circumstance that I announce:

Click Here!


I've seen them twice before and it is always a great show. Especially when they bust out the projector and start rocking this little ditty:



So grease up that pomp, put on your dancing shoes and grab your best gal and bring her on down cause this is gonna be one hell of a party!

No comments: