Thursday, April 23, 2009

Revenge of the Croisette

It's that time of year again. A time of love and angst. Love for those crazy cineasts known collectively as "the french" and angst over the fact that I won't be able to attend their little film party. This year being particularly cruel because a mere 2 weeks after the festival ends - BECCA AND I WILL ACTUALLY BE IN FRANCE!

Le Sigh

Well anyway...I am of course rambling about the Cannes Film Festival. The creme de la creme of international film festivals. The place where all your favorite filmmakers show they're newest wares well before anyone else will ever get a chance to see them.

Le Sigh

This year's lineup is amazing. Here's a list of the films I'll be missing most at this year's festival:

In Competition
Abrazos Rotos by Pedro Almodovar
Antichrist by Lars Von Trier
Bright Star by Jane Campion
Enter The Void by Gasper Noe
Les Herbes folles by Alain Resnais
Inglorious Basterds by Quentin Tarantino
Looking For Eric by Ken Loach
Taking Woodstock by Ang Lee
Thirst by Park Chan Wook
Vengeance by Johnny To
The White Ribbon by Michael Haneke

Un Certain Regard
Mother by Bong Joon Ho
Push by Lee Daniels
Nymph by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang

Out of Competition
Agora by Alejandro Amenabar
The Imagianirum of Docteur Parnassius by Terry Gilliam

Midnight Screening
Drag Me To Hell by Sam Raimi

Special Selection
L'épine dans le coeur by Michel Gondry

ok.
One more time for emphasis...

LE SIGH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I assume polite post. Specially the appellation attracted me to read the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.