Friday, August 29, 2008

Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Though reaction from Cannes was extremely mixed there is one film that I am looking forward to above all other possible Oscar® contenders -


I love Stephen Soderbergh, love Benicio Del Toro, love the fact that it's in spanish, love the audacity of length and yes - I love the politics too.

There is a lot of ambiguity on this film. As far as I can tell there is still no US distributor though the film will be showing at the New York Film Festival. It's also unclear whether it will be one movie or two and if any of it will be eligible for an Oscar® come January. Anywho, thanks to youtube I at least have a muddy trailer to watch:



Even if this movie doesn't succeed on every level I think it will still be one hell of a film with one hell of a performance.

No comments: