Sunday, May 10, 2009

Warp Speed!

I've tried to write this review at least 10 times and have had zero success. I've tried making it about franchise revival, I've tried to make it about the increased pop acceptance of all things nerd, I've even tried to make it about cinema structure. All of these have been miserable failures.

Maybe I'm trying too hard. Maybe I should simplify. OK Craig. I one sentence describe the new Star Trek movie.

Star Trek is...FUN!

Sure you can gripe about the fairly non-sensical plot, or how it plays fast and loose with the mythology, but in the end it comes down to that one word - Fun. This movie is one hell of a wild ride with a strong emphasis on character. Oh and did I mention all the people are pretty too?

For my money this is THE tent pole of the summer. If you haven't seen it yet I suggest you get your butt to a theater and strap in.

May you live long and prosper.

No comments: