Thursday, July 10, 2008

In Praise of Nancy Kulp

During my formative years I was watched by either my grandparents or my great grandparents while my parents were at work. Needless to say I watched a LOT of TV and since neither had cable my viewing consisted mostly of syndicated shows from the 50s and 60s. Lots of "I Love Lucy", "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Bewitched".

Recently Becca and I were visiting her cousins when one of them put on an episode of "Beverly Hillbillies". I remembered loving the show but had not seen an episode in years. Part of me was afraid that I was going to be let down. That I'd see the episode and wonder what the hell I was thinking growing up. Fortunately I was wrong.

The episode was great but what really stood out was Nancy Kulp as Ms. Jane Hathaway. I went home that night and started researching her. She was quite the woman. Actress, Patriot, Democrat, Linguist, Lesbian and -for your viewing pleasure - comic genius:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.