Friday, September 12, 2008

The Goddamn Batman!

Since last month I have been looking forward to the new issue of "All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder". Issue 10 was originally due to hit stands in August but got pushed to September.

This is understandable seeing as the book is written by two insanely popular and busy creators (Frank Miller and Jim Lee respectively) but when I got to my local shop on Wednesday and found the issue still not on the racks I was very miffed.

Now thanks to this blog from the LA Times I know exactly why it wasn't there:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/09/batman-and-robi.html

Man I wish I had been able to get ahold of one of those books. These babies will be sought after like the Star Wars Holiday Special. But really, what's the problem? Is there a difference between reading a curse word and seeing one blacked out especially when you can ABSOLUTELY tell what word is supposed to be there? I mean this book is CLEARLY not for kids.


Oh well.

I guess DC has to do what DC has to do to cover their ass.

Now I have only one question - WHEN THE FUCK DO I GET TO GET MY MOTHERFUCKING COMIC?!?!?

update: according to the DC Comics website I am going to have to wait till the 24th. Damn printers!

No comments: