Monday, September 15, 2008

PAYING Homage & Other Stuff


I don't know if you guys are aware of this or not but we are currently in the middle of a big Alfred Hitchcock revival. And guess who's leading the charge? Shia LeBeouf and director D.J. Caruso!

Though I have not seen "Disturbia", everyone tells me that it IS "Rear Window". Apparently it is SO "Rear Window" that the estate of the man who owns bought the rights to the original story is suing:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/09/is-disturbia-a.html

CUT-TO PRESENT DAY:

I am watching a commercial for Caruso and Shia's new collaboration "Eagle Eye" when it occurs to me:

This is TOTALLY a riff on Hitch's favorite set-up of an innocent man on the run!

Could this just be a coincidence or was it intentional? I guess stranger things have happened. Maybe just to be safe I should start writing a script for them in which LeBeouf plays a character who is afraid of heights and is hired to...

In other news...

A sort-of teaser trailer for Terry Gilliam's new film "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" debuted this weekend over at:

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2008/09/13/quick-stop-exclusive-teaser-trailer-from-terry-gilliams-the-imaginarium-of-doctor-parnassus/

Yep it's THAT movie. The one Heath Ledger died before finishing. Many people (myself included) are curious to see how this all turns out. Even the worst Terry Gilliam films are awesome to look at and that trailer seems to promise this will be no different. Also Terry is known for making great art from great chaos so...

*Fingers Crossed*

Oh and to end on a nice happy note...

I read over at http://www.aintitcool.com/ that Jude Law, Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp (the three actors completing Ledger's scenes) will give all the money they are being paid for this film to Heath's daughter Matilda. Apparently Mr. Ledger's will was drafted prior to her birth leaving her with no inheritance. This a super sweet and classy move. Good on ya fellas.

I used a lot of ellipses in this. Maybe I should invest in some Larry King suspenders.

No comments: